Electrical Technology is a course that equips a trainee with necessary skills in electrical and electronics fields that will enable them to do installations comfortably in residential, commercial and company set up structures.
Why Study Electrical Technology.
- Test, analyze, repair and maintain electrical, electronic and telecommunication systems e.g. computers and computer networks.
- Observe, design, implement, and maintain occupational and environmental, health and safety programs in the electrical, electronics, telecommunication and solar PV industries.
- Design, install, commission, repair and maintain solar PV Systems
- interpret technical information for electrical and telecommunication systems installation
- Design, install, repair and maintain electrical systems
- Acquire soft skills
- Acquire ICT skills
- Maintain and troubleshoot solar PV Systems
- Acquire entrepreneurial skills
- Design, install, repair and maintain data communication systems
- KCSE/KCPE results slip or equivalent
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of national ID or passport
- One passport-sized photo
18 months, partly in the industry under the Dual Training System. It is offered in three levels as shown below:
|Grade Test III (6 Months)||Grade Test II (6 Months)||Grade Test I (6 Months)|
Career Opportunities on Completion
- Telecommunication industry as a technician
- Maintenance departments in the industries
- Security firms
- Solar PV Vending, Installations and maintenance companies
- Electrical power generation and distribution companies
- Construction companies
- Biomedical equipment maintenance and repair in hospitals.