WHY STUDY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?
- Fabricate, weld and manufacture engineering components like machines and vehicle parts1.
- Acquire entrepreneurial skills
- Observe, design, implement and maintain occupational, environmental and health safety programs in the mechanical engineering industry
- Acquire soft skills
- Test and analyze mechanical engineering tools and equipment
- Design projects using computer aided design programs
- interpret technical information/data for manufacturing
- Apply ICT in mechanical production line and research
- Apply quality control techniques in mechanical industrial processes.
- Have a better understanding of material technology in mechanical engineering
- Manage and maintain a mechanical plant
3 years, partly in the industry for Dual Training System.
- KCSE mean grade of C- (minus)
- A copy of birth certificate
- A copy of National ID or Passport
- One passport-sized photograph.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES ON COMPLETION
- Telecommunication/IT companies
- Maintenance and service companies
- Manufacturing companies
WHY STUDY AT ECT?
The College has experienced and qualified lecturers, adequate class size and maintains optimum students-lecturer ratios.
Every student is assigned to a mentor upon admission. The mentor assists the student in navigating through his academic, professional and social life.
Dual Training System
We partner with the industry both in the delivery of training and in the development of the course curriculum. This ensures that the students are exposed to the real world of work during the learning period.
Modern and Well-equipped Workshops
The College has fully equipped workshops to aid in the practical training of students.
All Round Education
Eastlands College of Technology Offers training in life skills, soft skills, entrepreneurship, ICT, sports and cultural formation as core units to complement the technical skills acquired by the students in the College.