WHY STUDY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING?
- Acquire entrepreneurial skills.
- Observe, design, implement and maintain occupational health and safety programs in automotive engineering industry
- Test, analyze, install, repair and maintain automotive engineering systems
- Acquire soft skills
- interpret technical information on vehicle bodywork and mechanical equipment
- Manage a vehicle production line
- Apply ICT in the vehicle industry
- Install, repair and maintain vehicle’s mechanical and electrical systems.
- Design vehicle components using computer aided design programs
- Carry out Bodywork tasks like Panel Beating, Spray Painting, Welding and Fabrication
- Have a better understanding of material technology
- Apply Quality Control techniques in the Automotive industry
3 years, partly in the industry under the Dual Training System.
- KCSE mean grade C-(minus)
- A copy of birth certificate
- A copy of national ID or passport
- One passport-size photo
Career Opportunities upon Completion
- Automotive assembly companies
- Vehicle repair and service industries.
WHY STUDY AT ECT?
The College has experienced and qualified lecturers, adequate class size and maintains optimum students-lecturer ratios.
Every student is assigned to a mentor upon admission. The mentor assists the student in navigating through his academic, professional and social life.
Dual Training System
We partner with the industry both in the delivery of training and in the development of the course curriculum. This ensures that the students are exposed to the real world of work during the learning period.
Modern and Well-equipped Workshops
The College has fully equipped workshops to aid in the practical training of students.
All Round Education
Eastlands College of Technology Offers training in life skills, soft skills, entrepreneurship, ICT, sports and cultural formation as core units to complement the technical skills acquired by the students in the College.